The Believe Program - supporting your life-work balance
At Wrigley we know that the health and well-being of our associates is vitally important. It can be challenging to juggle family and work demands, so we developed the Believe Program to support our associates in creating and maintaining a life-work balance. This program provides resources and support to help associates make healthy, informed and enjoyable choices for themselves and their family.
Believe offers events and services throughout the year to assist associates find their own balance. Some successful events and services that we have offered in the past include health and fitness assessments, skin cancer checks, key note speakers on food and nutrition, healthy eating initiatives, flu vaccinations and more. Believe has been so successful since its launch in 2009 that Wrigley was shortlisted for a government work-life balance award.
We also have a number of policies to help our associates achieve a better life-work balance, including the following (where appropriate for the individual role):
- Working from home: Where possible, the company provides associates with a laptop to facilitate occasional work from home
- Flexible working hours: Where possible, office-based associates can work flexible hours to enable working parents or carers to meet their family obligations
- Holidays: Associates are given the statutory four weeks annual leave, plus public holidays. Long service leave is available after qualifying periods. As well as the annual Christmas party, Wrigley associates are given an additional day of annual leave with the date set at the company’s discretion, usually around Christmas time
- Other leave: In addition to sick leave, Wrigley offers special leave for use in extreme cases
- Employee Assistance Program: The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides short-term counselling, assessment and referral services at no cost to associates and their family members undergoing personal or family problems