Just Brushed Clean Feeling™
The smooth, refreshing flavor of sugar-free Orbit gum cleans up that dirty mouth feeling. Orbit® gum is a global brand, enjoyed by millions of people around the world. Importantly, Orbit® gum has received the American Dental Association's Seal of Acceptance. For more on the benefits of Orbit® chewing gum, visit the Benefits of Chewing section. Be sure to visit our website to learn more about Orbit® gum.
Orbit® Gum Flavors
Read up on the latest Orbit chewing gum flavors!
Orbit® Gum Facts and History
Learn more about the history of Orbit® chewing gum and the introduction of each of the Orbit® gum flavors and Orbit® gum facts.
- 1944 The history of Orbit® Gum dates back to World War II. In an effort to support the troops, Wrigley shipped all the production of Juicy Fruit®, Wrigley's Spearmint® and Doublemint® overseas to the Armed Forces.
- Since they were no longer available on the civilian market, Wrigley began production of a new gum called Orbit®. After the war had ended and the three established brands returned to the market in 1946, Orbit® gum was discontinued.
- 1976 Orbit® gum made its return 30 years later in 1976, when it was introduced in Germany, Switzerland and Holland. This marked the first time that a sugar-free gum was marketed under the Wrigley name. The brand has since spread to other regions, including Canada, Australia, the UK, Norway, Poland and Israel.
- 2001 Orbit® chewing gum made its return to the U.S. with the launch of Spearmint and Wintermint flavors. The company's first tab product sold in the U.S., Orbit® gum was advertised as providing a "Just Brushed Clean Feeling" as well as the Orbit® Gum Commercials featuring the Orbit® Gum Girl and the “Dirty Mouth”, and “A Good Clean Feeling” campaigns. The brand quickly gained in popularity and became the fastest growing brand in the gum category.
- 2009 Orbit Professional (sugar free gum) was launched in Kenya.
East African Brands
© 2014 Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company. All Rights Reserved. Wrigley's, Orbit, Eclipse, Hubba Bubba, 5, Big Red, Lifesavers, Starburst, Winterfresh, Freedent, Skittles, Altoids, Doublemint, Extra, Creme Savers, Juicy Fruit, and all other trademarks and affiliated designs are trademarks of the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company or its affiliates.