"Curiously Strong Mints®"
Introduced in 1780, Altoids mints were originally marketed to relieve stomach discomfort. By the 1920s, the original cardboard box had been replaced by the more durable distinctive metal tins of today. The irreverent, quirky personality of Altoids mints has led Altoids to be a top-selling mint in the U.S. The Altoids brand has expanded to include sugar-free mints in miniature portable tins. For the latest content from Altoids and to order products we invite you to visit Altoids.com.
Find the latest mint flavors such as the classic Altoids Peppermint, Altoids Wintergreen, Altoids Cinnamon, Altoids Smalls and many more.
1.76 ounce tins
1.2 ounce tins
0.37 ounce tins
Altoids® Nutrition and Ingredients
Find out about Altoids ingredients and nutrition information:
Altoids Facts and History
Learn more about the history of Altoids and the introduction of each of the Altoids flavors and Altoids facts.
- 1780 Smith Kendon, founder of Smith & Co., developed an exceptionally strong lozenge known as Altoids® mints, originally marketed to relieve intestinal discomfort, let alone a remedy for bad breath.
- 1918 Sold first in Europe, Americans could now buy Altoids® mints in 1918.
- The 1920s Ads touted that Altoids® mints can act as an antidote to poisons in the stomach. This campaign started The Curiously Strong Mints® branding.
- 1997 Wintergreen Altoids® mints are introduced.
- 2001 Love Altoids® Tins, the popular Valentine's Day edition, became available.
- 2003 Altoids® Breath strips introduced; December 2003 Altoids® sugar-free gum is introduced.
- 2007 Dark Chocolate Dipped Mints debut combining the flavor of Altoids® with a rich, dark chocolate; Dark Chocolate Dipped Mints were
- also made available in a 4 oz. carton, the first non-tin product for Altoids® since the 1920s.
- 2009 Altoids Cool Honey™ mints are introduced in October.
- 2010 Altoids® Smalls® in their curiously small Altoids® tins, introduces Simply Mint in March.
- 2011 Altoids® Smalls® releases Nordic Mint.
- 2012 Altoids® Smalls® Peppermint is now available in 3-pack.
- 2014 Altoids® Arctic - Curiously Cool Mints are introduced.
- Today Today, Altoids Peppermint is the No. 1 mint in the U.S.
© 2012 Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company. All Rights Reserved. Wrigley's, Orbit, Eclipse, Hubba Bubba, 5, Big Red, Lifesavers, Starburst, Winterfresh, Freedent, Skittles, Altoids, Doublemint, Extra, Creme Savers, Juicy Fruit, and all other trademarks and affiliated designs are trademarks of the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company or its affiliates.