Starburst candies are packed with a variety of great tasting fruit flavors and a deliciously chewy texture, to be enjoyed anytime and anywhere. There are many different varieties of Starburst, including: Starburst Fruit Chews, Starburst Minis, Starburst Jellybeans, and Starburst GummiBursts®. For more juicy facts, visit our website at Starburst.com.
• Fruity Slushies
• Minis Originals
• Fruity Slushies
• Minis Original
• Minis FaveReds
• Crazy Beans
• Flavor Duos
• Flavor Duos
Starburst® Nutrition and Ingredients
Find out about Starburst nutrition information and Starburst ingredients:
Starburst® Facts and History
Learn more about the history of Starburst® fruit candy and the introduction of each of the Starburst® flavors and Starburst® facts.
- 1960 The brand is invented in the UK and launched under the name OPAL FRUITS®. The four original Starburst® fruit flavors are Strawberry, Lemon, Orange, and Lime.
- 1967 OPAL FRUITS come to America and the name is changed to Starburst.
- 1984 Starburst® Strawberry Fruit Chews are launched. They're followed by Starburst Tropical Fruit Chews in 1988 and California Fruit Chews in 1989.
- 1995 Starburst® Jellybeans are released onto the market, as are Starburst® Candy Canes.
- 1998 The OPAL FRUITS name is phased out in the UK and Ireland, as Starburst becomes the global brand name.
- 2002 Proving that it's not always sweet in the world of candies, Starburst® Sour Fruit Chews are introduced.
- 2003 Mars Australia launches the Starburst® Squirt product. A first to market liquid centre jelly range that adds even more 'juice' to jelly confectionery.
- 2006 The first limited edition version of the sweet is launched, Starburst Icy Bursts®.
- 2010 Starburst GummiBursts® introduces Flavor Duos to its portfolio, available in four delicious Starburst® flavor combinations: Strawberry Watermelon, Cherry Fruit Punch, Green Apple Strawberry and Lemon Cherry.
- 2010 Starburst® candies introduce Sweet Fiesta® while Starburst GummiBursts introduces Flavor Duos.
- 2011 Starburst® candies introduce Flavor Morph®, with each juicy chew starting as one fruit flavor and transforming as flavor beads burst with a second flavor. Flavors include Orange to Orange Strawberry and Cherry to Cherry Lime.
- 2012 Starburst® launched Starburst Very Berry, a combination of juicy berry flavors joining the existing line-up of famous varieties.
- 2013 Starburst® launches Starburst® Minis- smaller, unwrapped Starburst Fruit Chews. Starburst® Fruity Slushies is launched this year as well, a delicious mix of flavors inspired by your favorite slushies.
- 2014 Starburst® Superfruit Flavors is launched this year and includes a delicious mix of vibrant, mouth-watering flavors.
© 2012 Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company. All Rights Reserved. Wrigley's, Orbit, Eclipse, Hubba Bubba, 5, Big Red, Lifesavers, Starburst, Winterfresh, Freedent, Skittles, Altoids, Doublemint, Extra, Creme Savers, Juicy Fruit, and all other trademarks and affiliated designs are trademarks of the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company or its affiliates.