From the way we source our ingredients, to how we fuel our factories and package our products, we are mindful of our impact on the world around us. We’re at our best when sound environmental, social and economic practices are part of everything we do. We take great care to plan for the future and minimise waste at every turn.
Our Focus on the planet.
To be successful in our sustainability efforts, we focus on four areas to make a difference: Operations: Facilities & Logistics, Packaging: Innovation & Sourcing, Product: Innovation & Sourcing, and Culture, Community & Communications and in 2008 Wrigley UK signed up to the Food and Drink Federation (FDF) Five-fold environmental ambition.
Read more about the results in these areas:
Operations: Facilities & Logistics
We're improving the environmental profile of Wrigley Operations by:
- Reducing energy, greenhouse gases, water, and waste
Product: Innovation & Sourcing
We are committed to:
- Developing products based on consumers' expectations and evolving priorities and needs around sustainability
- Selecting sustainable ingredients and suppliers
- Designing eco-friendly products that minimise environmental impact
Packaging: Innovation & Sourcing
Bottle packaging uses about 20 percent less material in weight per piece. Packaging is critical to Wrigley from a sustainability perspective. We are committed to:
- Partnering with customers to measure and create new, consumer-friendly sustainable packaging solutions; improve current packaging portfolio
- Reducing the impact of packaging materials by using sustainable materials and partnering with sustainable suppliers
- Ensuring sustainable practices among external manufacturing partners
Culture, Community & Communication
To help make a difference, Wrigley will:
- Continue to support our communities through charity support and volunteering
- Work with key environmental partners to advance conservation and responsibility
- Further educate and promote 'responsible' use and disposal of our products